Attribute Description Tooltip extension is designed to attract customers with improved usability of your Magento store. Extension enriches product attributes and custom options with descriptive hint pop-ups that are intended to help a confused user with understanding of any unobvious or special terminology used in attribute names. This may be achieved by creation just plain text attribute hints and adding an image to it.
This attribute pop-up extension provides a store owner with an ability to add descriptions to Attributes and Custom Options. When an attribute has a description added it will have an Info icon next to it. These descriptions are not visible by default and only pop-up when user hovers the target Attribute Info icon with a mouse pointer. For a more comprehensive explanation of extension capabilities and appearance see Working with Extension section of this guide.
Extension video guide:
- Text hints can be chosen to appear on catalog page or/and on product page.
- Content of a description is highly customizable in terms of images, layout, fonts and colors due to WYSIWYG editor utilization.
- Ability to upload a custom info icon to conform to website design.
- Ability to manage such attribute info box features as positioning and fade effect.
- Ability to add different content for an attribute description in different Store Views.
- NEW! Ability to add attribute pop-ups for configurable products.
- NEW! Tooltip is visible even when the mouse pointer moves away from info icon to the tooltip area. This means that now it will be possible to select/copy all content within the tooltip, and also links will be now clickable.
- NEW! Ability to specify upon what action to show the tooltip: on click on info icon, or on hover over info icon, on hover over the attribute and info icon.
- All extension's code is open source.
Compare the Extensions
|Features||Attribute Description Tooltip||Attribute & Custom Options Description Tooltip|
|Ability to add descriptions both to custom option titles and to custom options items.|
|Custom Options Snippets functionality to create description templates, and assign them to any custom option|
|Ability to add descriptions to Attribute's Options|
|Displaying descriptions on Compare Products page.|
|Ability to add static descriptions to Attribute and Custom Options Titles. Example: Color (your static description)|
I rarely write reviews for extensions. But this time I thought have to. In the last months I bought many extensions from different vendors and all I can say is that Webtex was the best choice I made. Not only does the extension do a great job, but even better is the fast, friendly and competent Webtex support. We had a conflict with a template and they fixed it immediately. I have never experienced a better and faster magento support before. And believe me I know a lot of vendors. Double Thumbs up!! Thanks!
Really neat extension that does what it says it does. I think it helps customers get a quick reassurance about what each option means in your products. Might help conversion rates too.
Support has been tremendous up to now: prompt, efficient and even responded during weekend.
This is a very good module. And the support is also very and fast. A must have module for magento stores.
Great Module and support.
This module has endless possibilitys for me and it's really easy to manage the attribute tooltips in all product categories.
Thx for all Webtex
Have been using this extension for some time and it works great! We recently upgraded from Magento 1.4 to 1.6 and ran in to an issue with this extension and our custom template. Webtex support is great and helped fix it within a couple hours! Thanks!
This extension is simply a great extension. It can clarify many things for your customers, therefore reducing the amount of questions and improving shopping experience. I had a little problem when I used Attribute Description Tooltip with another extension (EasyTabs), but one mail was enough and they fixed it for me right away.
Got some premium help from Webtex on a small issue with my custom template.
This extension works great. I will surely buy this for future projects.
The Attribute Description Tooltip is a great extension. Easy installation and implementation! We ran in to a slight issue because we have a custom template, but they worked with us and had it up and running in no time! Thanks for the great product and service!
I purchased this extension a couple of days ago. Had an issue on setup phase, but their customer support helped me to figure it out.
: bug fixed.
- Version 1.0.0
- Version 1.1.0
Implemented the ability to add attribute descriptions for configurable products.
- Version 1.2.0
Made the tooltip to stay visible even when the mouse pointer moves away from info icon to the tooltip area.
- Version 1.2.2
Two types of displaying have been added: 1) onclick. 2) hover over the whole line.
- Version 1.3.0
Working with Extension
Extension Admin Options
To adjust the appearance of this attribute info extension navigate to System→Configuration→Webtex→Attribute Description Tooltip. There you will find options, reflected on Screenshot 1.
- Activate Description Tooltip field lets admin to choose whether he wants to enable this attribute info extension for Layered Nav and/or Product Page, or to disable it.
- Tooltip Positioning field has 4 options of attribute hint positioning.
- Fade Effect.
- Method of display specifies upon what action to show the tooltip: on click on info icon, or on hover over info icon, on hover over the attribute and info icon.
- Change Default Icon gives an ability to upload an Info icon of your choice to conform to website design.
Adding Description for an Attribute
To add a description for a given attribute:
- Go to Admin Panel and navigate to Catalog→Attributes→Manage Attributes.
- Select from the list an attribute you want to add text hint for.
- Now on the Edit Product Attribute page click on Manage Description tab.
- From there you will be able to input attribute description for your store views (see Screenshot 2).
Using Attribute Description in Layered Navigation and on Product Page
If you've selected to display tooltips in Layered Navigation, then the result of adding description in section 2 will look like as follows (when user cursor is over the Info icon) on Screenshot 3.
Attribute Description for Custom Options
You may even add descriptions for custom options. In order to do that:
- Go to Catalog→Manage Products.
- Select the desired product from the list.
- Now on the Product Information page select Custom Options tab. There you will find Description field were you will want to add your content for attribute pop-up (see Screenshot 4).
On the product page custom option description will look like as follows: Screenshot 5.
Check out our Magento development services.