This extension is an elder brother of our Attribute Description Tooltip extension. With this extension you can add descriptions/hints/pop-ups to any attribute or custom option. When an attribute (or custom option) has a description, it will have an info icon created next to it. When the icon is hovered, a tooltip will popup with a description in it. This will save space on the page, and the design will remain clean, as those descriptions will become visible only when the customer needs them.
- NEW! Ability to add descriptions to Attribute's Options.
- It adds descriptions/hints to any attributes and custom options on the store.
- Descriptions can be chosen to appear on catalog page or/and on product page.
- Content of a description in highly customizable in terms of images, layout, fonts and colors due to WYSIWYG editor utilization.
- Ability to upload a custom info icon to conform to website design.
- Ability to add different content for a description for different Store Views.
- Ability to add attribute descriptions for configurable products.
- Ability to choose when to show the tooltip: on hover over the icon, on click on the icon, or on hover over the attribute together with the icon.
- Ability to specify desired custom options tooltip positioning.
- Ability to turn on/off fade effect.
- Ability to replace the default info icon with a custom one.
- Custom options tooltip is visible even when the mouse pointer moves away from info icon to the tooltip area. This means that now it will be possible to select/copy all content within the tooltip, and also links will be now clickable.
- It also have an improved tooltip script and now it's possible to configure whether you need the custom option snippet to pop-up on hover over the info button, or on click on it.
- Ability to add descriptions both to custom option titles and to custom options items.
- Custom Options Snippets functionality will let you create description templates. These templates may be utilizen for custom options in a seamless and instant way. You won't need to manually enter or copy-paste again and again same descriptions. They will always be handy – just one click away. Select the right template for custom options help text – and it will instantly autofill the description box.
- All extension's code is open source
Compare the Extensions
|Features||Attribute Description Tooltip||Attribute Description Tooltip PRO|
|Ability to add descriptions both to custom option titles and to custom options items.|
|Custom Options Snippets functionality to create description templates, and assign them to any custom option|
|Ability to add descriptions to Attribute's Options|
|Displaying descriptions on Compare Products page.|
Great support and allowed us to provide more descriptive information with pictures for customers for each of the upgrades and options we offer for building a custom hot tub cover.
Example here: http://www.hottubcoverscanada.ca/build/ultimate-cover-step-3.php?product=861&color=chestnut&shape=rounded
Great extension that helps our customers browsing the catalogue and understand the attributes.
You can easily set descriptions for each store and administration and even use images. The extension gives the ability to explain each option of the attribute.
Had few problems with pre-installed extensions that was solved professionally by the support.
Thank you for this extension.
Purchased this extension from Webtex on Monday and it was fully installed and merged with our existing extensions by Thursday. Great job! Well recommended.
(this review was taken from magentocommerce.com)
: bug fixed.
- Version 2.0.0
- Version 2.1.0 .
- Version 3.0.0 .
Ability to add descriptions to Attribute's Options.
Displaying options descriptions in the Layered Navigation and on the Product View page.
- Version 3.1.0 .
Displaying descriptions for multiple values of attributes.
- Version 3.2.0 .
Displaying descriptions in Layered Navigation on Search Page and on Compare Products page.
Working with Extension
Extension Admin Options
To adjust the appearance of this extension navigate to System→Configuration→Webtex→Attribute Description Tooltip. There you will find options, reflected on Screenshot 1.
- Activate Description Tooltip field lets admin to choose whether he wants to enable this extension for Layered Nav and/or Product Page, or to disable it.
- Tooltip Positioning field has 10 options of tooltip positioning.
- Fade Effect
- Change Default Icon gives an ability to upload an Info icon of your choice to conform to website design.
Adding Description for an Attribute
To add a description for a given attribute:
- Go to Admin Panel and navigate to Catalog→Attributes→Manage Attributes.
- Select from the list an attribute you want to add description for.
- Now on the Edit Product Attribute page click on Manage Description tab.
- From there you will be able to input attribute description for your store views: Screenshot 2.
Using Attribute Description in Layered Navigation and on Product PageIf you’ve selected to display tooltips in Layered Navigation, then the result of adding description in section 2 will look like as follows (when user cursor is over the Info icon): Screenshot 3.
On the product page it will look like on the Screenshot 4
Attribute Description for Custom Options
In order to add descriptions to custom options:
- Go to Catalog→Manage Products.
- Select the desired product from the list.
- Now on the Product Information page select Custom Options tab. There you will find Description field were you will want to add your content (Screenshot 5).
- It is possible to add descriptions both for custom options title, and for custom options themselves.
On the screenshot above besides new 'Description' fields, you can also see 'Snippets' dropdown controls. With these custom options snippets you can add a description from a template. This is very useful when you have a lot of products that have similar custom options with similar meanings. How to create those snippet templates you can read below.
On the product page custom option description will look like on Screenshot 6
Creating and Using Custom Options Snippets
In the 4-th section we mentioned Snippets. They are used as templates for custom options titles and for custom options themselves. To add/edit those snippets in Admin Panel go to Catalog->Custom Options Snippets.
After a snippet is created, it will be possible to add it to any custom options description for any product. Snippet's name will appear in the 'Snippets' dropdown from the Screenshot 5.
At Webtex we have a great team of Magento developers who can help you with your custom projects.